Department of Corrections

General Information on Florida Prison Facilities

Frequently Asked Questions Regarding Inmate Funds

How do I send money to an inmate?
The funds must be in the form of a US Postal money order, cashier’s check, or a certified bank draft–DO NOT SEND CASH. Obtain a copy of the DC2-303 Deposit Form . Send one of the above types of funds and the completed Deposit Form to: Department of Corrections Financial Service Center Centerville Station P.O. Box 12100 Tallahassee, FL 32317-2100

You may also send funds by wire transfer using Western Union’s Quick Collect Service. To locate a Western Union Agent Location in your area, call 1-800-325-6000. When you complete the Blue Quick Collect Payment Form (at the Agent Location) you must include the following information: Pay To: FL Dept. of Corrections Code City: FLDOC State: FL Account Number: 123456DOE (DC Number and Last Name, no periods or commas) Attention: DOE, JOHN (Inmate Last Name, First Name) The cost is $11.95. If sent before 8:00 PM, Monday – Friday, the funds will be posted to inmate’s account the next day.

You may also send funds using a credit card by calling Quick Collect by Phone at 1-800-634-3422. (Press 2 to send Q/C payment) or visit the web site at: Western Union .The fee for calling is determined by the amount you would like to send. (Additional bank charges may apply.) Quick Collect by Phone is not offered if the call originates from one of the following states: Colorado, Connecticut, Florida, Kansas, Maine, Massachusetts, Minnesota, New York, & Oklahoma. Quick Collect via web site is available to all 50 states (some restrictions apply). To check on a deposit, call the Western Union Customer Service at 1-800-238-5772.

Flyers with this information are also available in the visiting park at each Institution. Generally, what items do inmates need to purchase? The basic needs of an inmate are met. These needs include food, haircuts, clothing, shoes, toiletries (toothpaste, shaving razor, soap, toilet paper, feminine hygiene products, etc.), and bedding. Inmates may supplement their basic needs by purchasing extras like soda, snack foods or other authorized items in the institution’s canteen.

Information Regarding Release Date

Probably the simplest way to verify information about this inmate is to look him up on the Internet at activeinmates/. You’ll need the inmate’s name or DC number. This web site will provide information about the inmate’s offense, location, sentence, history, custody level, race, sex, age, release date and more. A photograph is also provided.

If you do not have access to the Internet, you may call the Inmate Information Line at (850) 488-2533 or the institution where the inmate is incarcerated to get this information, which is public record. If you need more information on Inmate Funds, call toll free 1-866-209-7250 or e-mail us at [email protected].